Sometimes I find it really hard just to figure out what I want to do. A good way to start thinking about your goals is to start creating a goals mood board. This will help you visualise what you want from different ares of your life.
You will need
- A large sheet of card (approx A3)
- Some coloured pens
- A stack of your favourite magazines
- Paper Glue
- About an hour of free time
These are the steps I took to create mine.
1. Identify the areas that are important in your life and you want to create goals for. Draw these in the centre of a sheet of A3 card. For my areas I used:
- Rest & Relaxation
- Health & Fitness
Next to each areas you can make notes of what this means for you.
2. Go through the magazine and find images that link to your goals.
3. Stick the images around the card to build up a beautiful view of how you want your life to be.
4. Hang the mood board somewhere prominent to inspire you every day – I’m really loving looking at mine. Talking it through with my husband also helped him to understand what’s important to me.
5. Keep adding to you board as you find things you like.
…the next step will be to create an action plan for each area to get from where you are to where you want to be – but you’ll have to wait for that!